ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gardner, Chris" <>
Subject Killing Forked JVMs (was RE: Killing Forked Jams)
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:23:42 GMT

My spell checker changed JVM to JAM.  Sorry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gardner, Chris [
<> ]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 9:21 AM
To: ''
Subject: Killing Forked Jams

Is there a built-in mechanism in ant to kill forked Jams?  In my case,
I'm using <java fork="true"> to launch a server process that I run tests

against.  This server process is a small, specialized http server
( that has no accompanying ant tasks.  I have to fork
the JAM because the server process depends on the value of the dir
attribute of <java>.  When the tests are finished, the build does not
finish because it is waiting on the forked JAM to complete.

I don't want to use the <java> timeout attribute because I have no way
of knowing how long those tests will take.

Any suggestions?