ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pet...@westerninspection.com>
Subject Bootstrapping a server
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 20:19:26 GMT
Hi,

I’m using ANT to build, test and deploy a small socket server application.
Once the ant script is finished I can manually start the server which
happily listens until I tell it to shut down.  I’ve written a custom ANT
task to even shut the server down if it is running in order to re-deploy it.
My problem now is that I want ANT to fire up the server.  I’ve looked into
the <java> and <exec> tags but they seem to wait until the forked process
has finished.  I need a way to fork an asynchronous task much like the
tomcat bootstrap.

Thanks,

Peter

---