ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I change value of build-in properties?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:27:11 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Bui Dinh Chien <ChienBD@fsoft.com.vn> wrote:

> Example I want to change value of [java.class.path], how I can do?

Depends on why and when.

If you want to run a <java> task with a different value for that
property, you can use <sysproperty> to achive that (but it won't do
what you expect for java.class.path, I guess).

If you want to give it a different value than its default, specify it
on the command line before invoking Ant.

If you want to give it a different value when running a target (in a
different build file) use nested <param> children of <antcall>
(<property> of <ant>).

If you want to change the value after it has been set, you can't
without cheating.  Cheating would be using <available> or <script>
together with some intimate knowledge of Ant's internals.

This list is probably incomplete.

Stefan