ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.5 branch still uses com.ibm.bsf in Script.java
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:52:07 GMT
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003, Trevor Harmon <trevor@vocaro.com> wrote:

> This can easily be fixed by downloading and installing IBM's version
> of BSF. However, this prevents me from using "beanshell" as my
> scripting language because Beanshell's jar references
> org.apache.bsf, not org.ibm.bsf.

You'll have to use an older version of beanshell as well and things
should work.

> Unfortunately, this important change has not been backported to the
> 1.5 branch.

Because we intend to remain fully backwards compatible within minor
release series as opposed to reasonably backwards compatible 8-)

Current CVS has swapped IBM's BSF for Apache's as well as ORO's
netcomponents for the jakarta-commons version.

> I hope that the next 1.5.x release will contain the 1.19 patch to
> Script.java.

There probably won't be any next 1.5.x release and even if there was,
it is pretty unlikely (I'd say impossible) that the change is going to
be merged.

> Until then, I am having to run unstable development versions of Ant
> or patch and recompile the source code myself.

or instead use an older and released version of beanshell.

Stefan