ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS Over SSH - Setting the Protocol?
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:11:32 GMT
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, John Mattos <jmattos@indemand.com> wrote:

> <property name="cvsRoot"
>           value=":ext:buildmaster@VC30:/usr/local/indab"/>

looks correct.

> <property name="cvsRsh" location="bin\putty\plink.exe"/>

I have no experience with Windows at all, and a co-worker uses OpenSSH
instead of putty.  He, like myself on Unix systems, simply has to say
"ssh" for CVS_RSH, I'm not sure whether pointing to plink is correct.

Also, are you sure that you have plink in a subdirectory of your
project's basedir?

> <property name="passFile" location="bin\putty\rsa\key"/>

>      		passfile="${passFile}"

is almost certainly wrong.  <cvs>'s passfile should point to .cvspass
in order to authenticate you against the CVS server, this has nothing
to do with authenticating your SSh session.

ssh (putty) in your case is responsible for finding the key.

I'd setup ssh-agent and ssh-add my key to the agent before starting
Ant.  But then again I have no idea how to do this with putty - or
whether this is possible at all.

Sorry

        Stefan