ant-user mailing list archives

From Sujaya_Narah...@blore.tcs.co.in
Subject How do i resolve NoClassDefFoundError while deploying
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:26:17 GMT

Hi
I am trying to deploy a Test Servlet onto Weblogic so that I can use junit
test cases for testing my application.
My EJB is in a jar file named EJB.jar. The test.ear file has the EJB.jar
file in it. But when I try to deploy it, I get the following error
How do I resolve a NoClassDefFound Error?

     [java] 3   Activate        Failed  myserver        Server  test    C:
\bea\u
ser_projects\mydomain\.\myserver\upload\test\test.ear
     [java] Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException: Prepare
failed.
Task Id = 3
     [java]     Module: EJB.jar        Error: Exception preparing modul
e: EJBModule(EJB.jar,status=NEW)

     [java] Unable to deploy EJB: C:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\.
\myserver\.wlno
tdelete\test\EJB.jar from EJB.jar:

     [java] EJB : EHTaskProcessor .Unable to initialize method info fo
r remote or home interface.The error is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/seic
/desktop/common/task/TaskRequestList
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:737)

The class it says it cannot find is a class in my application which is in
the App.jar file which is also present in test.ear.

I have a build.xml file, with 2 targets defined:
      deploy and deploy_test
"build deploy" works fine
"build deploy_test" fails with the error above.

Can anyone tell me how I must go about resolving it?? Is there some
specific path I  have to set?

regards
Sujaya