ant-user mailing list archives

From "Radhakrishnan A Jankiraman" <radhakrishnan.a.jankira...@aexp.com>
Subject Problem with <javac ... > !!
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:53:13 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the javac task going. Herez what I'm trying to do --

This is the problem that I get when try to run ant with a demonstrative build
file --

file:/home/rjanki/sewol.xml:46: Cannot use classic compiler, as it is not available.
 A common solution is to set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to your jdk directory.
      at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
      at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
      at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
      at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
      at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:47)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException.<init>(BuildException.java:140)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.compilers.Javac12.execute(Javac12.java:110)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.compile(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
      at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Compiled Code)

I'm trying to use the jdk that comes along ( <--not sure about this )with
WebSphere 3.5.x. Herez what the java -version has to say --

java version "1.2.2"
Solaris VM (build Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_10, native threads, sunwjit)

The ant -version gives me --

Apache Ant version 1.5.3 compiled on April 16 2003

I tried defining the JAVA_HOME to opt/WebSphere/AppServer/java

ls opt/WebSphere/AppServer/java  gives me

bin              include          LICENSE.ps       README.rmi-iiop COPYRIGHT        jre
           LICENSE.TXT      README.sparc
demo             lib              man              src.jar

I have this jdk's bin in my PATH variable. I even tried the executable
attribute in the javac task element. Still get the same problem.

Am I missing something ? Or is this is some compiler compatability problem ?

Thanks,
Krish

American Express made the following
 annotations on 08/12/2003 09:50:27 AM

     "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain
confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments
is prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank you."