ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <>
Subject RE: Reading password from .cvspass file
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:00:21 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikas Phonsa []
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 8:58 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Reading password from .cvspass file

I am using ant for doing cvs imports and have made a small gui that allows
the user to enter the cvsroot and password.Is there any way I can read the
password that's stored in encrypted form in the pass.cvspass file. I want
that when the user uses the gui for the second time , he should see the cvs
root and those *** in the password fields on the gui.

I could do this by storing the information in a properties file and reading
from there the second time, but I don't want to store the password in a file
in an unencrypted form ( that encryption in pass.cvspass isn't great but
would work for me )

Any ideas ??