ant-user mailing list archives

From "PERRY, Jonathan, FM" <>
Subject optional filtersfile
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 07:41:39 GMT
I am using ant to builds server configurations based on a single template
and filters specfied in properties files.

A server configuration is defined by an environment + group + location

eg: dev-risk-london or prod-pricing-newyork

I load filters files to substitute values in the template. For example I
want to specify filters for all risk servers or all newyork servers but then
I also need to be able to override filters for production pricing servers or
the uat risk server in paris.

At the moment I create filters by loading multiple properties files, such as

This works but I'm not happy with the fact that I have to create empty
properties files for combinations that don't necessarily override any

The solution I am thinking of is to subclass so that it is possible to configure it
not to throw an exception if filters file does not exist.

Can anybody suggest a better solution?

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
             Regulated by the Financial Services Authority

            Visit our website at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message