ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Francis" <scott.fran...@newisys.com>
Subject RE: Secure file transfer with ant
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:48:26 GMT
Do not use FTP as it is not a secure method.  Look into SCP or the various other ssh style
tasks as they are much more secure.  Using scp should be just as secure as encrypting the
source (since that's basically what it does when it sends it), and will be much less hassle
for you.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias P. [mailto:groups.mpatzak@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 10:45 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Secure file transfer with ant

Hi,

I have following requirement.

On our project we are developing in Germany with a offshore group in india.
We are building every night in germany. No our india groups starts up with
development. Before the build i want to get their sourcecode changes from
india, do the build and then sent their the germany changes since last build. The
transfer must be secure!!!

What proceeding do you suggest? How save is FTP? Are their other
possibilities, like encrypting the sources. Are their any tasks for it?

Thanks,
Matthias