ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: build.xml snippet used from code
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:36:22 GMT
I personally find JAXB both cumbersome (need to write a schema) and too
heavyweight (Tons of JARs to compile schema, then requires a runtime) for
this kind of things.

Especially when you are in the Context of Ant which has a simple and
inflexible but well known and documented engine to do that already.

Which is why I find all XML binding APIs (JAXB, Castor, etc...) and XML to
Java APIs like Commons Digester too heavyweight in this context.

--DD