ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Recursive expand of properties ( ${${foo}.${bar}} )
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:53:41 GMT
I saw you post on Ant-Dev, please although it contains more info, it still
does not convey enough details to clearly understand your goal. Would it be
possible for you to post example build or properties file snippets that
demonstrate your use case? Regards, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 8:25 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Recursive expand of properties ( ${${foo}.${bar}} )

I'm afraid there is no clean solution to the over-use of such properties.
<propertycopy> indeed helps for one or two, but not many... You may want to
reconsider your use of such properties, and refactor the way you do what you
are doing. For example, one can often combine the loading of one of many
properties file, with the properties inside that file to 'similar' effect:

<property name="thisone" ... />
<property file="${thisone}.properties" />

Anyways, if maybe you explained what you are doing as opposed to how you
planned on doing it, could this list provide alternate ways of achieving the
same end, supported natively by Ant.

Regards, --DD