ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Recursive expand of properties ( ${${foo}.${bar}} )
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:25:05 GMT
I'm afraid there is no clean solution to the over-use of such properties.
<propertycopy> indeed helps for one or two, but not many... You may want to
reconsider your use of such properties, and refactor the way you do what you
are doing. For example, one can often combine the loading of one of many
properties file, with the properties inside that file to 'similar' effect:

<property name="thisone" ... />
<property file="${thisone}.properties" />

Anyways, if maybe you explained what you are doing as opposed to how you
planned on doing it, could this list provide alternate ways of achieving the
same end, supported natively by Ant.

Regards, --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel FELLER [mailto:Emmanuel.FELLER@maaf.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 2:16 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Recursive expand of properties ( ${${foo}.${bar}} )

Hi everybody,

I am searching a way to resolve recursive expand of properties like
${${foo}.${bar}} in a properties file.

I use propertycopy in my build file but i don't know how do this in a clean
way for properties file.
(I cannot use several properties file, i tried but it causes more issues
than it correct.)

Does someone have a solution ?
Thanks,
Emmanuel