ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject RE: WAR task bug
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:25:26 GMT
A fair point, but if you make the assumption that under the hood, "jar" uses the same API to
read a jar file as "java", then "jar" gives you a more WYSIWYG view of the file than WinZip!

And yes, I think it does prove WinZip is unreliable on this anyway. I've seen other examples
where it does case-munging of Windoze directories. And it always gets away with it, because
the OS file system isn't case sensitive. (Isn't consistency wonderful?)

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Oatham [mailto:matthewoatham@hotmail.com]
Sent: 08 August 2003 17:21
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: WAR task bug

Yes I was using winzip to deduce this - and when I used JAR WEB-NF all
appeared in upper case - but does this prove win zip is unreliable - perhaps
JAR is unreliable !!!!!

Cheers for the help

Matt

From: "Keith Hatton" <khatton@axiomsystems.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 17:13:50 +0100

Hi Matt,

What tools are you using to deduce this information?
I've found WinZip to be unreliable on such matters, so if you're using that,
I'd suggest checking again using jar tf <your war file> and see what that
says.

Hope this helps
Keith