ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steph Richardson" <st...@kvasar.com>
Subject Getting only Directories containing certain files.
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 23:45:11 GMT

Hi,

I'm writing a target that iterates over a dirset, executing a certain target one task at a
time, and I'm trying to only iterate over
directories containing *.java files.

So the question is how to determine if a dir contains any files that fit a certain pattern.
* I've tried building a dirset of only directories containing *.java - but this doesn't seem
to be possible.
* I've tried excluding empty dirs using the <available> task, but this only seems to
work if I am checking for an explicit filename,
not a wildcard.

Ideas plz ?

thanks,

Steph

Steph Richardson
Kvasar Technology LLC
HQ: suite 106, 822 Boylston st., Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
smtp : steph@kvasar.com
http : www.kvasar.com