ant-user mailing list archives

From Georges Auberger <>
Subject Using SSH in task with cygwin
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:35:50 GMT
I'm trying to use ssh in an exec task to connect to a remote server. It
works fine under OS X bash but when running under Cygwin on Windows
2000, I never get a prompt from SSH to enter the password. It seems
that stdin is not redirected properly (I experimented with a simple
bash read and got the same effect). I do not want to use certificate
with SSH so i need to get prompted for the password.
Anybody had success using exec cmd under cygwin that require shell

  <target name="ssh-execute" description="Execute a cmd via ssh
     	<echo message="Executing ${} at
	<exec executable="ssh" >
		<arg line="-p ${ssh.port} -T ${ssh.user}@${}

To unsubscribe, e-mail: