ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Condition task to print message
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 16:16:32 GMT
Cheers for the replies I went with the <avaliable> <fail> method in the end,
well it was the first reply! It seems to do the trick!

Cheers.

Matt

From: Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Condition task to print message
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:27:08 -0500

Oh yeah, sorry, I was of track with <fail>...

Too bad some pundits think adding if/unless to <echo> or all tasks in
general is such a bad thing, or simply because 'they' don't need it, as you
would not have to create any targets at all!!!

Because of this, you can do <available>+<fail if="...">, but not
<available>+<echo if="...">.

I use <if> all the time (OK, sometimes), but that doesn't mean the above is
not a good use case. --DD