ant-user mailing list archives

From Manju Sarala Viswam <mvis...@vanenburg.com>
Subject RE: Generating build.xml
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:27:44 GMT
Hi ,
	Use Ant API.You can write a java class which extends Ant task  and
set install.xml as ur ant file to execute.Predefine your install.xml and in
places where you need user-inputs ,assign  parameters(${parameter}).The
parameters you get as user input can be set as properties of the project in
the ant task you define in java.( project.setProperty). For details refer
ant documentation >> Developing with Ant >> Using Ant Tasks Outside of Ant
.

Reg,
Manju

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Hatton [mailto:khatton@axiomsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 3:59 PM
To: Ant-User (E-mail 2)
Subject: Generating build.xml

Hi all,

Is there any way to generate the build.xml file for a corresponding Project
object (other than by hand)?

The specific thing I am trying to do is to use Ant as an installer. The idea
is, as I collect user responses, I can build the Project and its Targets on
the fly. And as I go, I can also build the corresponding uninstall script by
creating another Project that contains all the undo-actions. Of course, this
uninstall Project has to be saved to disk for later use, and the most
obvious format to save it in would be an uninstall.xml, which would be
trivial for the uninstaller to process.

I'm open to any thoughts about this.

Thanks
Keith

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message
disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or
omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in
error.