ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bui Dinh Chien" <Chie...@fsoft.com.vn>
Subject RE: Can I use Ant (that is not Eclipse's Ant plugin) to compile anEclipse's project by invoke Eclipse's compiler?
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:15:11 GMT
Thanks for your help,
Now I can done my task.
I created 2 buildfile, in the first:
<target name="headless">
       <exec dir="C:\jdk1.3.1_01\jre\bin" executable="java.exe"
os="Windows 2000">
            <arg line="-cp C:\eclipse\startup.jar
org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -noupdate -application
org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -data c:\temp - buildfile
c:\temp\build.xml" />
          </exec>
</target>
and the second:
<target name="configure.eclipse" if="eclipse.running">
     <property name="build.compiler"
value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>
</target>

    <target name="main" depends="init,configure.eclipse">
       <javac srcdir="c:\temp\src" destdir="c:\temp\classes"/>
</target>

Chien

The Eclipse compiler cannot be used outside of Eclipse currently.

But Eclipse does have a notion of running "headless" using application
entry points.

The Eclipse Ant integration provides such an entry point.
I have attached the bat file that I use for dev and testing.
Then as Gilbert indicated, set build.compiler if eclipse.running

HTH
Darins

	"Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de>

08/21/03 04:20 AM