ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: Ant-Contrib
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:01:13 GMT
If you are already using other tasks from Ant Contrib, I assume you
probably already have this. But just in case, this is all I have in my
build.xml to be able to use the <if> task:

    <!-- Ant-contrib for "if" task -->
    <taskdef resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"
             classpath="${ant.contrib.jar.file}"
    />

This creates the mappings for all the Ant Contrib tasks. If you do have
that, then perhaps the <switch> task actually needs some other external
JAR, though I can't imagine what it would be using that isn't already in
Ant.

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks
(310) 482-4756

-----Original Message-----
From: Vikas Phonsa [mailto:VPhonsa@suz.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 1:53 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: Ant-Contrib

Hi,

What do I have to do in order to use ant-contrib. I have used that is
past and all I did was to add the ant-contrib jar to the classpath my
IDE uses to execute Ant.

But now after some weeks when I'm trying to use the "switch" task of
ant-contrib, ant can't find the task.

Build exception: file:C:/wsad_workspaces/br/test1/textexport.xml:72:
Could not create task or type of type: switch.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

Is there anything else besides setting the classpath that needs to be
done.

Vikas