ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: Job Ads?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:05:10 GMT
That's pretty much my take on it as well. It's hard enough keeping up on
multiple mailing lists when the posts are *on* topic.

When I'm looking for a job, there are many better resources for
searching. If the number of job posts to this list reached a high enough
level to become a significant resource for finding work, the list itself
would cease to be a good resource for keeping on top of Ant.

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks
(310) 482-4756

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Strong [mailto:dstrong@agentissoftware.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 12:50 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: Job Ads?

This is an international mailing list.
I have seen questions and answers from all points of the globe.

What possible job offer could be applicable more than a fraction of the
readers?

Or looking at it another way:

I can justify to my boss reading the 30-50 messages posted to this list
every day in terms of keeping abreast of current Ant development and
best practice. The argument becomes less palletable when the number
increases to 50-100 messages
a day, half of which are advertisments for jobs in other countries.

Please keep this list clear of spam, because thats what I consider
unsolicited job ads.

Regards
Donald.

Currently