ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: dependencies shared between projects
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 21:47:31 GMT
Hiya Charlie,

I don't know about the *right* way, but this is what we do here. There
is a shared lib folder that we "publish" JARs to: ..\lib from any
subproject. This lib folder lives at the same level as the project
folders. These JARs are put into Perforce (I don't like that, but
whatever) when it is determined that the subproject is ready for prime
time.

This is kind of a pain, as you may be working on two subprojects (A and
B) at once that depend on the same other subproject (C). However, what
if A needs the latest version of C while B needs the currently blessed
version? So I added a switch, javac.fresh, that tells it to look in the
individual subproject dist folders.

Each project has properties defined for it in the
common-build.properties, one for the root, one for dist, one for JAR
name, etc. I use those instead of "../C/dist/<JAR>" even though that's
what ends up being used after property expansion.

I don't know if that was useful at all. I'm wrestling with WebLogic
right now, and it's winning. :(

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks
(310) 482-4756