ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Martin <patrick.mar...@sungard.com>
Subject Parsing cvs -nq update output
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:18:11 GMT
Hi,

I need to create an auto-commit script.
The idea is to automatically:
. Add new files
. Remove old files
. Commit

Basically the process would be the following:
. Run "cvs -nq update" which would give an output like:
? MyNewFile.java
U MyOldFile.java
M MyModifiedFile.java
. Run "cvs add" for each file which is preceded by a '?'. We might also want
to check for the binary property of the file (cvs add -kb in this case), but
that might come later...
. Run "cvs remove" for each file which is preceded by a 'U'
. Run cvs commit

I don't really see how to parse the "cvs -nq update" output in order to get
the 'to remove' and 'to add' file lists. I thought about FilterChains,
without really finding what I need. Any idea?

Thank you,

Patrick

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message is
intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or
an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Message confidentiel : Les informations contenues dans ce message sont
destinees a un usage personnel et confidentiel du destinataire indique
ci-dessus. Si le lecteur de ce message n'est pas le destinataire prevu, ou
n'est pas une personne en charge de le delivrer au destinataire voulu, vous
etes par la presente informe que vous avez recu ce document par erreur, et
que tout examen, transmission, distribution ou copie de ce message est
totalement interdit. Si vous avez recu cette communication par erreur, nous
vous remercions de bien vouloir nous avertir immediatement par e-mail et de
detruire le message d'origine.