ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Craig" <craig_dick...@xelus.com>
Subject RE: Can I use Ant (that is not Eclipse's Ant plugin) to compile a n Eclipse's project by invoke Eclipse's compiler?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:44:12 GMT
What is the advantage of using Eclipse's compiler instead of say a standard
JDK one?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rebhan, Gilbert [mailto:Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 4:20 AM
To: ant_user (E-Mail)
Subject: RE: Can I use Ant (that is not Eclipse's Ant plugin) to compile
an Eclipse's project by invoke Eclipse's compiler?

/*
Dear all,
Now am trying to use Ant outside Eclipse but I want to use Ant to
compile an Eclipse's project by using Eclipse's compiler.
How can I do?
Best regards,
Chien
*/

Here is a snippet of my buildfile running in or outside Eclipse :

<!---Checkin whether running in Eclipse, put this target atop your compile
target-->

<target name="configure.eclipse" if="eclipse.running">
      <property name="build.compiler"
value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>
</target>

<!--compile target must be dependend from above target-->

<target name="compile" depends="init,configure.eclipse">
	<javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build.dest}">
		<classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
	</javac>
</target>

For your intention :

try putting the jar's in Eclipsedirectory/plugin/org.eclipse.jdt.core.2.1.0
to your classpath and adjust the mechanism in the example above.

I believe the eclipsecompiler won't work without Eclipse running though.

Regards,
        Gilbert