ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: Command Line Argument
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 06:54:53 GMT
Divide your buildfile in several targets. That´s why they are there. :-)
You can use target´s 'depends' clause for ensuring that a needed step is
done
before.

<project main="full">
    <target name="vssupdate" description="gets the latest from the VSS">
        <!-- your code for VSS update goes here -->
    </target>
    <target name="compile" description="Compiles the whole code"/>
    <target name="stubs" description="Creates the stubs and skeletons"
depends="compile"/>
    <target name="jar" description="Makes jars" depends="stubs"/>
    <target name="copy" description="Copies the jars and some more files
into a new folder" depends="jar"/>
    <target name="falg" description="Replace the Falg inside 2 files"/>
    <target name="full" description="update and complete build"
depends="vssupdate,copy,falg"/>
</project>

I was working on the Wiki some minutes ago, maybe
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TheElementsOfAntStyle
would interest you.

Jan