ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: perl task?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:42:05 GMT
Let´s think about that

<perl>: attributes
- classname: could be the perl file
- jar: no sense
- args: same as in <java>
- classpath, classpathref: search path for finding the *.pl?
- fork: no sense, because perl must be startet in a new process
- spawn: same as in <java>
- jvm, jvmargs: check 'perl -help' for senseful options
- failonerror: same as in <java>
- resultproperty: same as in <java>
- dir: same as in <java>
- output, error, outputproperty, errorproperty, input, inputstring, append:
same as in <java>
- logError: same as in <java>
- newenvironment: ??
- timeout: same as in <java>

<perl>: nested elements
- arg, jvmarg: see above
- sysproperty, syspropertyset: no sense because <env> will do that
- classpath: see above
- bootclasspath: no sense
- env: same as in <java>

Should be possible, but like Hans said: why?
If you really want that, create an enhancement request and provide the
implementation :-)

Jan