ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: How to map JBuilder settings in Ant syntax
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:42:44 GMT
> Hi,
>
> Could you please kindly answer these two questions:
>
> >         <xmlproperty file="${tmp}" />
> >         <echo>all included libraries are:  ${property(value)}</echo>
> >
> >         <!-- iterate over the used library files and extract
> > their classpath
> > -->
> >         <foreach target="processLibFile" param="libfile"
> > list="${property(value)}" delimiter=";"/>
>

> What is the exact semantics of ${property(value)}?

The JPX is in the format

<project>
   <property>
</project>

I read one <property> (with xmltask) into a buffer and writes that out.
Result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<property category="sys" name="Libraries" value="Log4J 1.2.8;JUnit 3.8.1"/>

After reading that with <xmlproperty> I get the content of the xml-attribute
"value"
via the name property(value).
See the manual for xmlproperty and the "default loading" example for more
infos on that.

So ${property(value)} evaluates to "Log4J 1.2.8;JUnit 3.8.1".

> Is the name of the property its value as well? If so, why the echo
> displays (and are accordingly processed) only the properties
> defined in
> the ${tmp} file and loaded by <xmlproperty/>, but not the
> others defined
> in the build?

I don´t understand that question, but maybe I answered that above :-)

> And a second question: Do you happen to have as well some parsing
> targets for the JBuilder group .jprg files, so that automatic
> extraction
> of project names, followed by finding their libs is possible?

I haven´t found any group file on my computer. If the format of that files
is xml based, that should be possible. But you have to ensure to use the
right XPath´s.

Jan