ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject CVS File Permissions
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:53:21 GMT
Hi Folks,

This may not be an Ant question but all the people using CVS might be
able to guide a bit.

I need some suggestions abt the best way to manage the file permissions
in CVS.

Is anybody using Ant in anyway to do so ?

CVS just uses filesystem permissions (and ownerships) to control access,
but on the directories only, and the key access rights are mapped as
follows:

	1. read+write+search		- checkout, commit
	2. read+search			- checkout
	3. none				- no access

Or is anybody aware of some existing webapp/ GUI application that could
provide an interface to the CVS server (Linux in our case) to enable the
management of File permissions ( like creating user-groups, doing chmod
and stuff).

Matt.