ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <>
Subject RE: A different CVS situation
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:34:18 GMT
Yeah Rob,
CVS is good but every person seems to have a different view abt how to
use that. And Changing the boss is not easy these days u know.
Sometimes, I feel fortunate that I even have one.
So I'm gonna talk to him abt the stuff.
Thanks for ur suggestions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anderson, Robert H - MWT []
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:01 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: A different CVS situation

You are right. That is a little weird. I would not recommend setting up
separate repository where a branch would suffice. You mentioned a dev
repository and a deploy repository... these should be branches in the
repository. Then you could simply merge files between the branches as
needed. I have seen some serious CM nightmares but this one is certainly
something I have had the good fortune of not seeing. To solve the
you might try finding a new boss ;)

-Rob Anderson