ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject A different CVS situation
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:50:28 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a CVS question which I think might be a little weird. I am using
Ant to make new versions and import stuff to my CVS repository.

Now my boss wants to make a functionality which people could use to
transfer projects from one CVS repository to another. Like from dev
repository to deploy repository.

Has anyone ever attempted that kind of stuff or you guys think that this
is even do-able with Ant. We don't need to checkout the projects. The
users should be able to see what projects exists in a repository in some
kinda GUI and select a project and be able to transfer that to another
repository with click of a button.

I have made a GUI to supplement Ant that allows user to chose import
project to multiple repository locations in one pass. But transferring
directly from one repository to another directly, I don't know abt that
? Is the idea worth pursuing ?

I would appreciate any comments or ideas ?

Matt