ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading ANT in WSAD 5
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:55:05 GMT
I have recently done the same step and it worked fine. I copied new ant.jar
and optional.jar files in the older org.apache.ant_1.4.1 folder as the
classpath is configured to access the jars from there by the IDE.Well you
would have to configure the classpath only if you made a new folder.

If you copied the files to the older folder and if the older ant was working
properly, then u shouldn't have to do anything but restart the IDE.

You might want to try place your new ant jars on a local directory and try
to run ur build using the those as an external tool. IDE allows you to
configure and run external tools.I tested the new Ant as external tool
before bringing it into the IDE.

Vik

-----Original Message-----
From: Philippe Waltregny [mailto:philippe.waltregny@nrb.be]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 6:18 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Upgrading ANT in WSAD 5

Hello,

I'm working with IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer v. 5.0.1
which associates the version 1.4.1 of Ant.

However, I need some new Ant tasks like <input> for instance.
Consequently I've to upgrade the current Ant version within WSAD to a
newer version for instance the 1.5.1 one whose < lib > directory
contains :
-          ant.jar
-          optional.jar
-          xercesImpl.jar
-          xml-apis.jar

After having read the article < WebSpherePro Developer Tips June 5, 2003
Upgrading ANT in WSAD 5.0 > I've perfomed the following operations :
-          Delete the ant.jar and jakarta-ant-optional.jar jar files
from the < C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.4.1 > directory
-          Copy ant.jar and optional.jar into the same directory
-          Update the classpath in WSAD Window/Preferences/External
Tools/Ant/Remove, then Add Jar. to have
+ C:/Ant/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/lib/ant.jar
+ C:/Ant/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/lib/optional.jar
+ C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere
Studio/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces-4.0.7/xercesImpl.jar
+ C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere
Studio/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces-4.0.7/xmlParserAPIs.jar
-          Update the plugin.xml XML file like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<plugin
  name="%pluginName"
  id="org.apache.ant"
  version="1.4.1"
  provider-name="%providerName">

  <requires>
    <import plugin="org.apache.xerces"/>
  </requires>

  <runtime>
    <library name="ant.jar">
      <export name="*"/>
    </library>
    <library name="optional.jar">
      <export name="*"/>
    </library>
  </runtime>

</plugin>

When I restart WSAD 5 and execute the build.xml file, I've the following
answer :

            Run Ant Problem
            Problems reading ANT build file :
/XnetWar/META-INF/build.xml
            XML parser factory has nt been configured correctly :
Provider for javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be found.

How to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Philippe Waltregny
 mailto:philippe.waltregny@nrb.be