ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <>
Subject <echo> task
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:42:07 GMT
I am using the following target to write properties to a file

<target name="setProp" unless="newProp">
<echo message="We are setting cvsRoot property in files"/>
<echo message="cvsRoot:" file="${prop.file}"/>
<echo message="password:" file="${prop.file}"/>

Now when this target executes it seems to be overwriting the first
message="cvsRoot" as all I get in the properties file is "password:"

I need to have:

How could this be done, Or am I dong something wrong,

Please advice

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert []
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 10:48 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Junit target not being executed by Ant

> My deploy.test target depends on starting tomcat and
> then makes an <antcall target> to my 'test' target
> which executes my tests. It seems to be hanging after
> tomcat is started successfully. Has anyone come across
> this issue before.

ant 1.5.3 cannot "spawn" processes like tomcat.
have a look at this posting from Bill Burton :
Subject:  [SUBMIT] Support for detached <exec> on Unix and Windows

in ant1.6alpha, the exec task has a spawn attribute.

it works like that

<exec executable="cmd.exe" spawn="true">
     <arg value="/C"/>
     <arg value="start-tomcat.bat"/>
      <arg value=">NUL"/>
not the >NUL this is to redired the stdout of the start-tomcat.bat to the
nirvana, otherwise the spawned process crashes.
Or you can write your own wrapper to redirect the output to a log file.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: