ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lopez, William" <william.lo...@eds.com>
Subject RE: build.xml snippet used from code
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:55:46 GMT

would think you would have your task in an xml file and refer to it in an
Entity reference in how many other build files you have.

-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 1:44 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: build.xml snippet used from code

This is just a lazy question, but has anyone ever
figured a way to process an entity from an XML snippet
from a custom task, for example?  Specifically, I have
a filterchain doing exactly what I want it to, and
wouldn't it be easier to set it up from the XML I've
already written than to re-code by hand?  Of course, I
will probably have that code written by the time any
response comes through, but maybe some other
application for this concept exists for which the
alternative would be much more cumbersome.

-Matt