ant-user mailing list archives

From Nagarajan Murugesan <NMURUGE...@Selectica.com>
Subject character replacement from a file content
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:27:37 GMT

Hai All,

Is there any way to replace particular character or substring
of a given file content with some value.

For example a file read.txt contains "greatoneisminelsafasmflsfaslfmlf
lflsfldfmdlfldfldfloer" with out any space.
1. Can I replace all the 'l' character with value say 'jay'
2. Or can I replace each occurance of 're' with 'ki'
something like that.

I think pattern replacement will not support this!!!

Is there any way to do that? Help me in that.

Thanks,
Nagarajan M.