ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Ant to collect 3rd party libraries
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:37:31 GMT

The Tomcat build has a nifty way to do this and I mirrored their technique
in the build I did for the open source project called Prevayler...

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/prevayler

Their webcvs seems down right now, so try a bit later.  When it come up,
look at the "Dependency Targets" section in the build.xml and then look at
the utility-targets.incl entity include file which contains the genericized
targets.  The sample.build.properties contains locations of each library
you want to download.

Thought I'd put that out there as an alternative to Maven, although Maven
does seem to be pretty cool from what I've seen.  I just think it is
overkill for some things but, then again, I haven't used it much yet so
take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Jake