ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <>
Subject RE: Can I use Ant (that is not Eclipse's Ant plugin) to compile an Eclipse's project by invoke Eclipse's compiler?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:20:19 GMT

Dear all,
Now am trying to use Ant outside Eclipse but I want to use Ant to
compile an Eclipse's project by using Eclipse's compiler.
How can I do?
Best regards,

Here is a snippet of my buildfile running in or outside Eclipse :

<!---Checkin whether running in Eclipse, put this target atop your compile target-->

<target name="configure.eclipse" if="eclipse.running">
      <property name="build.compiler" value="org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter"/>

<!--compile target must be dependend from above target-->

<target name="compile" depends="init,configure.eclipse">
	<javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build.dest}">
		<classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>

For your intention :

try putting the jar's in Eclipsedirectory/plugin/org.eclipse.jdt.core.2.1.0
to your classpath and adjust the mechanism in the example above.

I believe the eclipsecompiler won't work without Eclipse running though.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message