ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject Versioning / Manifest
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:21:10 GMT

Hi,

Scenario :

A Client/Server Application is distributed as a bunch of Jar's.
Client and Server have an XML-File that contains the versioninfo for these Jar's.
The Jar's of a new release are transfered to the server, the xml-File is
manually created.

Question 1 : How to automate the creation of that xml-File ?

After starting the client, the client-xml is compared to the server-xml.
The new Jar's are then transfered to the client.

Question 2 : Is there a chance to transfer only the altered/newer class-Files
	       instead of the whole Jar as bandwidth is limited ?

I guess there's a way via the Manifest. If versioning is possible with the
Manifest itself maybe we don't need that xml-file anymore ?

Best practices ?

thx for any advice !!

bye4now,
        Gilbert