ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <...@purematrix.com>
Subject Target executes despite 'unless'
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:18:37 GMT
[Apache Ant version 1.5]

In an overly complex build.xml authored by another, I have a target init of the form:

         <target description="Initialize the build process" name="init" unless="was.inited">
             <echo message="value of was.inited is ${was.inited}"/>
             <property name="was.inited" value="true"/>
             <echo message="value of was.inited after setting is ${was.inited}"/>
         </target>

This target always seems to execute every time it's referenced in a dependency despite the
(echo'ed) setting of was.inited.

PMI, what have I misuderstood here, please?

--
Jack J. Woehr      # You measure democracy by the freedom it
Senior Consultant  # gives its dissidents, not the freedom