ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <alex...@mdli.com>
Subject Re: distributed build target
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:19:31 GMT
I have been looking at distributed builds for a while and I still do not
see how they can be useful, but maybe I am looking at a wrong angle. For
me a distributed build is usually slower, because you have to replace
your local hard drive with a network drive in order to make it work.
Maybe a super fast (and expensive) network appliance can help there, but
in general the price is too big for a distributed build to make sense.
Maybe it is better to make ANT parallel (it does not seem as a very
complex task) and install it on a multi-CPU server.

- Alexey.

--
{ http://trelony.cjb.net/ } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)