ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <>
Subject Re: distributed build target
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:19:31 GMT
I have been looking at distributed builds for a while and I still do not
see how they can be useful, but maybe I am looking at a wrong angle. For
me a distributed build is usually slower, because you have to replace
your local hard drive with a network drive in order to make it work.
Maybe a super fast (and expensive) network appliance can help there, but
in general the price is too big for a distributed build to make sense.
Maybe it is better to make ANT parallel (it does not seem as a very
complex task) and install it on a multi-CPU server.

- Alexey.

{ } Alexey N. Solofnenko
Pleasant Hill, CA (GMT-8 usually)

NF wrote:

>recently I had to some very big xslt compilations. in order to speed them
>up I've made a distributed build via telnet.
>now I'm looking to write this in more cluster-of-workstations way.
>has anyone been dealing with distributed compilations, so that we can
>exchange ideas or source on that?
>-- fikin
>Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!
>Looking for friendships,romance and more?
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: