ant-user mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <>
Subject Re: Pointers for using HttpUnit and WSAD 5.0 from Ant?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:17:22 GMT
Anderson, Robert H - MWT wrote:

>Unfortunately, WAS Single Server Edition does not have a wscp interface :(
>So this might not help you much.

You know, the deeper I dig into this, the more I realize just how much
of a giant, oozing hack WebSphere is.  /This/ is the market leader?

 From what I've been able to uncover so far (insert visuals of rotting
garbage, flies circling, etc.), it looks like I can /almost/ do what I
want by:

    * Creating a setupCmdLine.bat file (which doesn't exist in the
      WSAD-shipped version of WebSphere 4.0, but /does/ exist in a real
      4.0 installation)
    * Running seappinstall.bat -install \path\to\ear\file
    * Doing startServer.bat or whatever it is

...but not quite, because it turns out that the only place to specify
things like WAS_ROOT (which you won't find referenced in any of the .bat
files, but you /will/ find referenced in a server-cfg.xml file) is in
the server-cfg.xml file itself, which of course I don't want to edit.

Thanks for your help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message