ant-user mailing list archives

From ejf <sun_k...@bitstream.net>
Subject Re: ms-dos question
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:56:38 GMT

Antoine and all,
thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
first the problem: whenever i have a target name that's "long" like "ant
compile" or "ant doThisLongThing",
i'd get an Ant error like this:
"Target `compi' does not exist in this project"
my dos window still only takes 9 characters as a command and argument

here's what i did:
i turned echo to on (@echo on);
on the MS site here's what i got:
(from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/win9x/msdos_5ahw.asp)

    Command Interpreter for Command
    The for command in the command interpreter (COMMAND.COM) is modal.
    The default is LFNFOR=OFF, which causes the for command to use the
    old Interrupt 21h function calls.
    In that case, only aliases (8.3 file names) can be used in the for
    command.
    If LFNFOR=ON is set, the for command uses the new Interrupt 21h
    functions,
    and long file names can be used as part of the for command.

this makes little sense to me but what i did was add "LFNFOR=ON"
(without quotes) to the top of my ant.bat file. now i can do a "ant
doThisLongThing" or  "ant compile" without a "Target `compi' does not
exist in this project".

and i'm still trying to figure out why my ms-dos window accepted on 9
characters

ejf