ant-user mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnelso...@alumni.amherst.edu>
Subject Pointers for using HttpUnit and WSAD 5.0 from Ant?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:47:21 GMT
My sincerest apologies if this is a FAQ; I could not find any simple
documentation after extensive Googling that addresses my issue.

I am trying to sell a very old and stodgy waterfallish financial
services organization on automated testing.  Part of what I'd like to do
is build the main .ear file, drop it into the container (WebSphere in
our case), fire it up, and then beat the snot out of it with HttpUnit,
all as part of the nightly build they run around here.

To do this, I need to be able to fire up a WebSphere instance from Ant.
It just so happens the build will be running on a box that has WSAD 5.0
installed on it, which comes with the single server edition of WebSphere
4.0 (our target platform).  I'm not clear on how to do this; nor am I
clear on where to park the .ear file so that the hypothetically
successfully launched WebSphere instance will pick it up and be happy.

Could someone help me out by telling me what the easiest way to
accomplish this from Ant is?  I could find plenty of references to
running Ant from inside WSAD, but couldn't really find *any* references
on launching a webapp/enterprise app in WebSphere from inside Ant.

Again, apologies if I've missed the obvious.

Cheers,
Laird