ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <>
Subject "Copy" accepts FileList without any directory limitation - enhancement?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:43:39 GMT
Currently this sort of task to copy a random bunch of files doesn't work:

<target name="testCopyFromDifferentDrives">
   <copy todir="." >

The user cannot use a FileList in the Copy, and even then, the FileList
demands a common directory to which the files in the list are all relative.

I have just submitted a enhancement

with some patches that allow the user to do the above.

I want to use this in my build.xml deploy target, so that I do not have
to name all the jars that I want to copy. With this change I can name
them all in a file and then do this:

<filelist files="${external.jars}"/>

I can see other places where this is useful too, e.g. dist

If you are in favour of this change, I humbly crave your indulgence to
grace this bug with a vote in bugzilla.

ant 1.6alpha + java 1.4.2 on Linux 2.4.20 RH9

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message