ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel H A Lima <l...@cit.com.br>
Subject Re: optional filtersfile
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:47:19 GMT
    Can you use one single file to "clear" the value of all properties
and "available" task to decide when to load the override filters file ?

PERRY, Jonathan, FM wrote:

>I am using ant to builds server configurations based on a single template
>and filters specfied in properties files.
>
>A server configuration is defined by an environment + group + location
>
>eg: dev-risk-london or prod-pricing-newyork
>
>I load filters files to substitute values in the template. For example I
>want to specify filters for all risk servers or all newyork servers but then
>I also need to be able to override filters for production pricing servers or
>the uat risk server in paris.
>
>At the moment I create filters by loading multiple properties files, such as
>these
>
>${group}-filters.properties
>${location}-filters.properties
>${environment}-filters.properties
>${environment}-${group}-filters.properties
>${environment}-${group}-${location}filters.properties
>
>This works but I'm not happy with the fact that I have to create empty
>properties files for combinations that don't necessarily override any
>values.
>
>The solution I am thinking of is to subclass
>org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Filter so that it is possible to configure it
>not to throw an exception if filters file does not exist.
>
>Can anybody suggest a better solution?
>
>fred
>

>***********************************************************************************
>This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above.
>As this e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information,
>if you are not the named addressee, you are not authorised to
>retain, read, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
>The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312
>Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB
>             Regulated by the Financial Services Authority
>
>            Visit our website at http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM/

Daniel Henrique Alves Lima, Software Engineer
CiT Systems - Software enabling  the e-world
lima@cit.com.br
http://www.cit.com.br
Phone: +55 19 3737 4596
       +55 19 3737 4500
Fax:   +55 19 3737 4501

"Spike once ask me... What does it take for a soldier to become a
 leader... What differentiates the two ?
 There is no difference. Sometimes certain soldiers are chosen to lead
 other soldiers. (...) But they never stop being soldiers.
 Because when the stakes are high... When the battle burns... When
 the death seems near... You either fight or your don't. You're either a
 soldier or you're not. (...) I'm a soldier. I fight. That's what i do."

	            Optimus Prime : TF - G1 : DW