ant-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Versioning / Manifest
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:16:31 GMT
Tim Davidson wrote:
> I have a related question.
> Its it possible to create the manifest for a jar on the fly somehow?
> The reason is to add a timestamp inside the JAR for versioning?
> something like:
> 		<jar destfile="foo.jar"
> 		     basedir="bar">
> 			<manifest version="${TIMESTAMP}"/>
> 		</jar>

Use the manifest task to create your manifest on the fly.

You will need to create an attribute that will contain the timstamp, for
instance you can call this attribute "TimeStamp".

To get this information from a running java application you would need
to use the Manifest class returned from the JarFile class. This is all
part of the java.util.jar package.