ant-user mailing list archives

From Claudio Corsi <cco...@progress.com>
Subject Re: How do i resolve NoClassDefFoundError while deploying
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:58:53 GMT

Did you setup the Class-Path: attribute within the manifest file
correctly for the EJB.jar file? Here is a link on how to do this
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#JAR%20Manifest.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Class-Path: attribute is relative
to where the EJB.jar file is located and not from where it is called.

Sujaya_Narahari@blore.tcs.co.in wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to deploy a Test Servlet onto Weblogic so that I can use junit
> test cases for testing my application.
> My EJB is in a jar file named EJB.jar. The test.ear file has the EJB.jar
> file in it. But when I try to deploy it, I get the following error
> How do I resolve a NoClassDefFound Error?
>
>      [java] 3   Activate        Failed  myserver        Server  test    C:
> \bea\u
> ser_projects\mydomain\.\myserver\upload\test\test.ear
>      [java] Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException: Prepare
> failed.
> Task Id = 3
>      [java]     Module: EJB.jar        Error: Exception preparing modul
> e: EJBModule(EJB.jar,status=NEW)
>

>      [java] Unable to deploy EJB: C:\bea\user_projects\mydomain\.
> \myserver\.wlno
> tdelete\test\EJB.jar from EJB.jar:
>
>      [java] EJB : EHTaskProcessor .Unable to initialize method info fo
> r remote or home interface.The error is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com/seic
> /desktop/common/task/TaskRequestList
>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods0(Native Method)
>      [java]     at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:737)
>
> The class it says it cannot find is a class in my application which is in
> the App.jar file which is also present in test.ear.
>
> I have a build.xml file, with 2 targets defined:
>       deploy and deploy_test
> "build deploy" works fine
> "build deploy_test" fails with the error above.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I must go about resolving it?? Is there some
> specific path I  have to set?
>
> regards
> Sujaya

> The information contained in this message is likely to be confidential and may be legally
privileged.  The dissemination, copying or disclosure of this message or its contents is strictly
prohibited unless authorized by TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES.  It is intended only for the person
named as addressee.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately return
it to sender at the above address without retaining any copy.  You may also contact on 91-080-2207506
the Head of IDM on this."