ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mattos, John" <jmat...@Indemand.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat manager tasks
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:41:52 GMT
I did this with 4.1.27, but I cheated. I did a normal full install of Tomcat
using the installer, including the services, then took the resulting
directory c:\tomcat and zipped it up. Now all I have to do deploy is

1. unzip to a directory
2. install the service using installTomcatServices.bat

installTomcatServices.bat:
@echo off

if "%1" == "" goto eof
if "%2" == "" goto eof
if "%3" == "" goto eof
if "%4" == "" goto eof
if"%INDEMAND_HOME%" == "" goto eof

%2\bin\tomcat.exe -install %4 %1\jre\bin\%3\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%2\bin\bootstrap.jar;%2\bin\servlet.jar;%1\lib\tools.jar
-Dcatalina.home=%2 -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params
start -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out
%2\logs\stdout.log -err %2\logs\stderr.log

REM %2\bin\tomcat.exe -install %4 %1\jre\bin\%3\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%2\bin\bootstrap.jar;%2\bin\servlet.jar;%1\lib\tools.jar
-Dcatalina.home=%2 -Dindemand.env=%INDEMAND_HOME%\PROPERTIESFILE.properties
-start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out %2\logs\stdout.log
-err %2\logs\stderr.log

goto eof

:eof

Then I use the exec command to do a "net start" on the service I just
installed. Simple and effective.

Then, when I install  a new version of my app, I check out of CVS, stop the
service, unwar, and start the service.

If you want more details let me know. My deployment script is interactive
and menu driven...

John