ant-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <knut.wannhe...@paranor.ch>
Subject RE: antmerge:- inheriting ant files.
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:21:10 GMT
Looks great!

Very similar to what I've done for our development environment with a few
minor differences:

 o I have explicit top-level elements called <override-target>,
<override-property>, and <override-path>
 o In the metioned top-level elements a child element <super> will be
replaced with the respective contents of the parent buildfile
 o Attributes of the top-level elements are also inherited unless explicitly
overridden (e.g. <override-target name="compile" depends="">)

I don't know whether this makes any sense in your environment, but I
certainly found this to be a very flexible templating mechanism.  Although
it is a little bit disturbing that editing the "build-in.xml" is pretty
challenging, as you have to visualize the eventually generated buildfile in
your mind.

Cheers,

--
knut