ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Robert H - MWT" <Anderson.Rob...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: Pointers for using HttpUnit and WSAD 5.0 from Ant?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:01:56 GMT
You only need to "install" the ear file once. Then you can simply stop the
appserver, update or replace the ear, and start the appserver, provided that
there are no config changes associated with the code changes. It is
relatively easy to issue "one-liners" to the wscp tool to accomplish such
things as starting and stopping ears and appservers, without having to get
involved with the tcl scripts that Sten mentions below.

This line is cut from one of my scripts that I use to stop and start
appservers with a wscp one-liner....
bin/wscp.sh -p $PROPS -c "ApplicationServer $CMD
/Node:$NODE/ApplicationServer:$APPSERVER/"

Unfortunately, WAS Single Server Edition does not have a wscp interface :(
So this might not help you much.

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Rosendahl Sten - stro [mailto:stro@im.se]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:05 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Pointers for using HttpUnit and WSAD 5.0 from Ant?

I'm afraid with WebSphere 4.0, youll need to exec a WebSphere Tcl script
from Ant in order to install your ear file. WAS 5.0 on the other hand uses
the JMX API and this should make it possible to write a native Ant
task/script for installing your application. Maybe IBM can provide some of
the things you need already or somebody may want to extend the built-in
ServerDeploy task?

Sten