ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Robert H - MWT" <Anderson.Rob...@menlolog.com>
Subject RE: A different CVS situation
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:01:13 GMT
You are right. That is a little weird. I would not recommend setting up a
separate repository where a branch would suffice. You mentioned a dev
repository and a deploy repository... these should be branches in the same
repository. Then you could simply merge files between the branches as
needed. I have seen some serious CM nightmares but this one is certainly
something I have had the good fortune of not seeing. To solve the problem,
you might try finding a new boss ;)

-Rob Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt [mailto:mathews_julien@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 9:50 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: A different CVS situation

Hi Folks,

I have a CVS question which I think might be a little weird. I am using Ant
to make new versions and import stuff to my CVS repository.

Now my boss wants to make a functionality which people could use to transfer
projects from one CVS repository to another. Like from dev repository to
deploy repository.

Has anyone ever attempted that kind of stuff or you guys think that this is
even do-able with Ant. We don't need to checkout the projects. The users
should be able to see what projects exists in a repository in some kinda GUI
and select a project and be able to transfer that to another repository with
click of a button.

I have made a GUI to supplement Ant that allows user to chose import project
to multiple repository locations in one pass. But transferring directly from
one repository to another directly, I don't know abt that ? Is the idea
worth pursuing ?

I would appreciate any comments or ideas ?

Matt